- How do I assist as a Parent Volunteer?
For parents whose sons are already enrolled in the School, the Principal annually sends out a form inviting parents to participate in various parent support groups. Parents may choose to sign-up using the form. Alternatively, parents may visit this website on the Parent Support Group and speak with the co-ordinators of the various groups to find out more about their activities.
- My son has the same teacher for most of his subjects, is this good?
All primary school teachers are generalists. Although there is specialisation of teaching, this is done mostly at the upper levels. At the lower primary levels, it is helpful to have a teacher teach the class more than one subject. This provides a sense of stability for the child and teachers can provide more nurturing as they would get to know the child better.
- I do not understand the various subjects in the timetable and what they stand for?
|CME||Civics & Moral Education|
|CIT||Class Interaction Time|
|FTGP||Form Teacher Guidance Period|
|PAL||Programme for Active Learning|
- I want to communicate with members of the staff. How do I do this?
You could use any of the following means
- Tel: +65 6733 7911
- Fax: +65 6734 6518
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 16 Winstedt Road Singapore 227988
- What are the office hours?
- My company is posting me overseas for at least a year. What should I do if I want my son to continue studying in ACS (Junior)?
If you are posted on official assignment, please obtain a letter from your organisation stating this. You can apply for your son to be on the 'Leave of Absence' scheme, which will retain his place in school. This annual application has to be renewed annually. An administrative fee (currently S$60.00) will be charged.
- How is my son allocated to his class?
Boys are randomly allocated to the classes. This allows for a good mix of children.
- Is there streaming or banding for Primary One?
There is no streaming or banding of Boys at Primary One. Boys will be moved to the next level at the end of the year, although some Boys may be moved to another class upon the recommendation of the teachers.
- When do I choose the secondary school of my choice?
From 2003, the selection of secondary school will be made after the release of the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) Results. Parents and child have 3 days to submit their decision on a pre-pared form to the school.
- How can I guarantee my son / I will make it to an ACS secondary school?
The two ACS secondary schools - ACS (Independent) and ACS (Barker Road) are affiliated schools. MOE will give priority to pupils from affiliated primary schools if they make either of the two secondary schools their first two choice. Entry to either school will be based on the PSLE result.
- What is the cut-off for both secondary schools?
The cut-off for affiliated ACS primary school Boys to ACS (Independent) is 235. The cut-off for ACS (Barker Road) is a natural cut-off based on the last pupil that the school can take in.
- How are pupils placed into the secondary school?
|Pupil A||288||Sch A||Sch B||Sch C||Sch D||Sch E||Sch F|
|Pupil B||238||Sch A||Sch B||Sch F||Sch M||Sch Z||Sch D|
|Pupil C||193||Sch A||Sch B||Sch C|