2020 CCA Registration Instructions
2020 CCA Registration Instructions
- CCA is compulsory for P4 to P6 boys.
- Returning members do not need to register.
- Only boys who wish to register for a) a new CCA b) a change of CCA c) 2 CCAs d) external CCA need to take part in the registration exercise.
- More information is provided on the link. Please refer to the form before contacting the school. Registration will close on 10th January 12 noon when these website links are deactivated.
- P4-P6 : https://tinyurl.com/acsjccareg2020
- P3 : https://tinyurl.com/acsjccareg2020p3
- P2 (Only after auditioning for Choir/Concert Band/String Orchestra) : https://tinyurl.com/acsjccareg2020p2
- Performing Arts CCA, please contact Mrs Gloria Chia, Subject Head (Aesthetics)
- Registration matters and External CCA, please contact Mr Alwyn Tan, Subject Head (CCA),
Performing Arts CCA Auditions (String Orchestra, Concert Band, Junior Vibez and Choir)
We are pleased to inform you that the Performing Arts CCAs will be conducting auditions during the first week of school. If you are interested in letting your son participate in Performing Arts CCAs, kindly email the following Teachers-in-charge so that they can arrange for an audition for your son.
Mrs Caroline Tang
Ms Felice Lou
Mrs Sally Heng
Mrs Ong Bee Yeng
All auditions will be held after school.
The auditions will provide you and the teachers with a guide as to the suitability and readiness of your son for the CCA he is interested in.
As this is our SYF year, all new members for Choir and String Orchestra will commence their CCAs in July unless stated otherwise by the CCA teachers.
For String Orchestra auditions, please get your son to bring his own instrument.
Regardless of audition outcome, you may still proceed with the CCA registration as we provide several options within the form.
you have further questions, please contact Mrs Gloria Chia, our Subject Head
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES POLICIES
In ACS(Junior), CCA is an integral part of our pupils’ holistic education. The aim of CCA is to teach our pupils knowledge and skills, inculcate in them correct values and desirable social attitudes and provide for healthy and fun recreation.
At the same time, we hope that our pupils’ participation in CCA will cultivate in them a strong ACS spirit of integrity, curiosity, collaboration, loyalty and pursuit of excellence. Having a shared experience with their fellow schoolmates allows the boys to build a sense of camaraderie that contributes to the unique ACSian experience.
strongly believe that these are important attributes which will equip our
pupils well to adapt to the demands of 21st century living.
- The CCA programme
offers a wide range of activities and caters for the varied interests
and abilities of our pupils.
- The programme
provides year-round involvement and allows for a systematic development
of our pupils interests and abilities.
- The programme
includes participatory (intra-school) and competitive (inter-school)
activities. The former enables the active involvement of all pupils. The latter
gives our pupils the opportunity to experience competition and motivates them
to further pursue their passion.
- Pupils are allotted to the various
Houses: Oldham (OLD), Thoburn (THO), Tan Kah Kee
(TKK), Goh Hood Keng (GHK), Cheong Koon Seng (CKS),
Lee Seng Gee (LSG), Shaw Vee Meng (SVM) and
Tan Chin Tuan (TCT). Representation at the
school's Annual Track and Field and Swimming Championships
is on the inter-House basis.
- In line with MOE direction, Program for
Active Learning (PAL) is integrated during curriculum hours for Primary 1 and
Primary 2 pupils to provide a platform for holistic development and to nurture
- Most CCAs are open to Pri.3 to Pri.6 pupils.
Please refer to school website for specific CCA details.
- It is compulsory for Pri.4 to Pri.6 pupils to
take part in at least one CCA, which could be a uniformed group, a club, a performing
arts group or a sport / game.
- P4 to P6 boys who
wish for their training in a sport outside school to be recognised as a CCA are
required to submit an official letter from the club/association to the HOD
PE/CCA by 10 January 2020, stipulating their training days and times. The sport
has to be sanctioned by the Singapore School Sports Council at the Primary (e.g.
Taekwondo, Gymnastics) or Secondary level (e.g. Fencing, Squash). Please refer
to https://nsg.moe.edu.sg/sssc for
the list of recognized sports. Other sports not offered by SSSC but has a
National Sports Association recognized by Singapore Sports Council may also be
recognized. If the request is not approved, the HOD PE/CCA will contact the
boys within a week.
- Sports offered at NSG (Primary) will be
recognized as school representation, even if it is not a school CCA. All other
competitions that require school endorsement for participation are to be
approved by HOD.
- Sports not offered at NSG (Primary) will be allowed to represent the school in one official tournament. Approval by HOD is necessary.
Teachers’ competencies, expertise and
interests are taken into consideration when they
are deployed into the various CCAs. The deployment
also ensures that each CCA has at least one
experienced teacher who has been in the CCA before. This
ensures that the experienced teacher has the
knowledge and skills for the smooth running of the CCA and is
also able to guide and mentor the new or
Most CCA will run on Wednesdays and/or
Fridays. This allows for other days to be
freed for other school programmes and activities, such as
Hinch, in support for our
school policy of a holistic education for our pupils. CCA with
school teams may have additional sessions on
the other days. Please refer to the school website for
the updated schedule of each CCA.
Most CCAs will be held within the school
premises with the exception of a few sports which
require external facilities specific to the sport.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOOL REPRESENTATION
- The following will be taken into consideration:
- Commitment with regular attendance
- Demonstration of good attitude and values such as loyalty, commitment, resilience, teamwork, fairplay and sportsmanship.
- Readiness for competition
- Teachers’ / Instructors’ / Coaches’ professional judgement.
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
- Pupils who have represented the school in Singapore Primary Schools Sports Council (SPSSC)-sanctioned inter-school competitions and/or Singapore in National Sports Association (NSA)-sanctioned competitions are eligible for the following.
- Representation and Achievements reflected in Report Book
- Eligible for Honours Day Awards and MOE Eagles
- All payments shall be made only after receiving
an official letter from the School Administration Team. The teachers and
coaches will not be handling any cash or cheque, unless there are unique
circumstances that are approved by the HOD.
- Boys on Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) will
have their CCA fee fully subsidized.
- Should your boy require financial support for CCA, please contact HOD (PE/CCA).