Home > Our CCAs > ACSplore (Modular Sports CCA)
ACSplore (Modular Sports CCA)
ACSplore is aligned with the national direction of:
- Preventing early specialization and burn-out in youth sports
- Developing a strong foundation for broad-based development,
- Reducing the stakes of competition
Instead of the Recreational Sports CCAs, ACS(J) will offer ACSplore, a modular sports CCA programme to all Primary 3 and Primary 4 pupils. By 2023, ACSplore will replace all Recreational Sports CCAs for all Primary 3 to Primary 6 pupils.
Mrs Chua-Fok Mei Ping
Ms Lam Ker Sim
Ms Charlotte Cai
Mr Teow Jing Ho
Mr Jeremiah Nga
Mrs Jennifer Chua
Mr Matthew Yap
Miss Nur 'Amirah
Mdm Nurul Huda
Miss Chong Baoyue
|Sailing (only for P3 from Sem 2 onwards)|
Mr Goh Eng Tat
Mr Mo Liwen
|Swimming (only for P4 from Sem 2 onwards)|
Mdm Lu Liwen
Mdm Wong Shiow Jiuan
Mdm Hu Lanying
Mrs Hidayah Ronny
How does ACSplore programme benefit my son?
1) Will my son be doing the same two sports in the subsequent years?
As the Modular Sports programme aims to provide exposure, we do not encourage boys to repeat the same sport module. However, he may do so if he feels strongly about choosing the same sport the following year e.g. Badminton and Football in Primary 3, then Badminton and Football again in Primary 4.
He will not be allowed to specialize only in one sport unless he moves to ACScite (Training Squad).
2) Will my son have the opportunity to move to ACScite in the subsequent years?
Ongoing observation will be done by teachers and coaches during the ACSplore programme. If your son is observed to be ready, recommendation will be made for him to specialize in a specific ACScite sport. P3 to P5 boys may be recommended to move from ACSplore to ACScite if the coaches and teachers see that they are ready.
3) My son is currently training externally in a NSG sport that is not offered in school as a CCA e.g. Taekwondo. Is he still required to participate in a school CCA?
No, CCA is strongly encouraged but not compulsory.
4) Will my son get to choose his sports for ACSplore?
Your son may list two choices for each category
e.g. Individual Sport - 1st choice Table Tennis, 2nd choice Badminton
Team Sport - 1st choice Hockey, 2nd choice Rugby.
We will do our best to allocate your son one of his two choices.
5) Can my son skip the ACSplore phase and go straight into ACScite?
No. All boys must have gone through ACSplore for at least a year before the coaches/teachers recommend them to go into ACScite.