Home > Departments > Mother Tongue > Tamil > Overview
Towards an effective communicator and competent learner who loves the language.
To nurture and inspire our pupils to become creative thinkers who possess a passion for the Tamil Language and culture.
We aim to:
- Provide a conducive learning environment in which pupils are exposed to the Tamil Language and culture.
- Provide and design activities to stimulate and arouse pupils' interest in Tamil.
HOW YOU CAN HELP YOUR SON
- Promote spoken Tamil by encouraging your sons to listen to Tamil radio programmes on Oli 96.8 and selected Tamil programmes on Vasantham Television Channel.
- Encourage your sons to read Maanavar Murasu - The Monday supplement of Tamil Murasu.
- Ensure that you sons read at least 2 Tamil storybooks a month.
- Engage your son in conversation using Tamil Language.