2018 PSLE AA letter to all P5 parents
Dear Parents of Primary 5 Boys,
Kindly take note of the following as it concerns preparations for the 2018 PSLE.
In the PSLE, candidates with learning or permanent physical disabilities may request for Access Arrangements (AA) during the examination based on their individual needs.
Applications are now open for submissions for Access Arrangements for the 2018 PSLE. All applicants with sufficient supporting documents submitted by end Sep 2017 will know their outcomes by the 1st week of January 2018.
The closing date for submissions is 19 January 2018 as we need to process your applications and your sons’ current P5 Form teacher will need to write a supporting document.
Please note that late applications or additional/revised requests submitted after 31 January 2018 may be rejected. The outcomes for applications which are accepted after 31 January 2018 will only be released from August 2018 onwards.
For our current P5 students who have been receiving AA at our internal examinations, an application form will be sent home to you through your sons by the end of the week. Please note that your son’s psychological report should not be older than September 2015.
Required Documents for Applications for AA for 2018 PSLE:
1. For Candidates with Learning Disabilities:
Candidates with learning disabilities (e.g. Dyslexia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dyspraxia, Language Disorders and Disabilities etc) who wish to apply for Access Arrangements (e.g. extra-time) for the 2018 PSLE are required to submit their applications through their schools to the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB).
The application must be accompanied by a report from a Specialist Medical Doctor or Psychologist or Professional that covers:
a) A diagnosis of a Learning Disability
· A clear statement of diagnosis should be provided.
· Relevant medical, developmental and educational history leading up to the diagnosis should be provided.
· Comprehensive testing and techniques used to arrive at the diagnosis should be provided. Where formal standardised assessments have been conducted, evaluation dates and standardised test scores (including subtest scores) should be provided.
(The requirement for comprehensive testing and techniques may be waived for diagnoses made by a specialist medical doctor)
b) A current profile of needs:
· A profile of the needs conducted within three years prior to the year of the examination should be provided.
· This profile of needs should include formal standardised assessments, where appropriate, and/or observations of the candidate by a relevant professional.
· The candidate’s functional limitations in the examination setting should be described.
· The rationale for the specific AA requests being made for the candidate, in relation to the functional limitations, should be provided.
(For candidates who have been receiving recent ongoing therapy (within the previous three years prior to the year of the examination) by a relevant professional, periodic therapy update or evaluation reports may serve as a current profile of needs)
2. For Candidates with Permanent Physical Disabilities
Candidates with permanent physical disabilities (e.g. Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment, Speech Impairment, and Physical Impairment such as Cerebral Palsy etc) who wish to apply for access arrangements for the 2018 PSLE are also required to submit their applications through their schools to the SEAB.
The application must be accompanied by: A medical report from qualified professionals (which include registered medical practitioners, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists). The medical report must state the following:
· when the disability was diagnosed;
· how the disability may affect the candidate’s performance during examination; and
· the type of access arrangement(s) required by the candidate during the examination.
Please note that a medical certificate (MC) from a doctor is not acceptable.
Annotation of examination results and certificates:
Please note that pupils who have been granted Access Arrangements during PSLE will have their result slips and PSLE certificates annotated with the symbol (+) beside the subjects taken with an AA.
For further information or clarification, please contact:
Mrs Kim Cheang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs Chaillan Mui Tuan
School's Website : www.acsj.moe.edu.sg
Telephone : 67337911
Fax : 67346518